Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Animusic - Pipe Dream

I've seen this piece and another like it on PBS during their fund drives... you know, when PBS plays their best stuff like the Celtic Women concert. I've wanted to post it for a long time but I had no idea what it was called and I always came upon it partway through. Christen Roede sent me a link to a French site hosting the video. Since I don't read French, I did a bit of research on it.

I found conflicting reports on the web. Rumor has it, that it's farm equipment that someone spent hours rigging. Yes, that's pretty unbelivable, especially with the camera moves involved. Sorry, but there's no way it could be built in a barn. It's much too complex, even for Rube Goldberg. It doesn't quite look "real" either. Maybe it's the shadows and lighting. According to Snopes, as I originally thought, it's computer-animated - a frickin' fantastic computer animation. It IS a feast for the eyes and ears alright!

Thanks to Christen Roede for sending the original link. Atom Films has the full piece, even though you may have to watch an ad (but, hey, it supports the Atom Film, which is an awesome site).

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]