Tuesday, April 29, 2008

MGMT - Time To Pretend

I was first turned on to MGMT and the song Time to Pretend on The Sixty One, my favorite time sucker.

Wow, I've never seen a video with such crappy keys, outside of community television, but somehow this video is freakin' amazing. It totally reminds me of those LSD like tv shows on community television too. It was directed by Ray Tintori who in an interview for Dazed Digital said "We wanted to portray a sort of post-apocalyptic utopia where the world had caved in on itself but the kids were all right and too resilient to give up hope."

I love the part where Andrew, the singer, is riding the kitten, who is named John Voight, by the way.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]