Friday, November 21, 2008

Flashback Friday: Clash of the Titans (1981)

I loved Clash of the Titans as a kid. I love the non-CGI Pegasus, the mechanical owl, and the Kraken monster. Harry Hamlin was looking pretty good as Perseus too (his eyebrows hadn't come in all the way yet, I guess!)

As the final work of effects legend Ray Harryhausen, the Medusa head is especially fantastic, with it's intricate clay snakes and glowing eyes in this clip. The full film is on YouTube and I consider it a must-see film. I hear that there's a remake in the works. Not surprised. I'm sure they'll make the film with Attack of the Clones style CGI.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]